- The best approach is to deploy with a deployment group job. This way can use the IIS tasks that Microsoft provides that don’t rely on WinRM.
- When we want to create a brand new Web Site we have to double check to enable the Add Binding option and the configure authentication.
- For this exepriment my binding was to unassigned IPs and port 80.
- The IIS Authentication was the anonymous kind.
- I also configured a dedicated App Pool for this Web Site.
- The next 2 steps in the Deployment Group Job where pretty easy: we deploy the website content and then we start the Web Site.
Well done! Now we can deploy a Web Site with Azure DevOps! This is the final result for my experiment.